Below are the admissions criteria for the part-time master track in Control Systems.
To enroll in the part-time program, you need to be:
- an EU/EER, Swiss or Surinamese citizen; or
- an expat with a valid Dutch residence permit; or
- a refugee with a valid Dutch residence permit.
None of these apply to you? Unfortunately, you can’t enroll in the part-time program. However, you can enroll in the full-time program.
You need a bachelor degree in engineering or a related technical discipline. Your grades must average at least 70%. Or, your grade point average must be 2.8 or higher (in a 4.0 system). You need good grades in mathematics and physics. And in subjects related to your track.
Have you already covered some units in the curriculum? You may be exempt from parts of the program. Indicate this on your application.
Do you have doubts about your mathematics skills for this track? Then you can work on some extra mathematics modules at home before the start of the track. Please contact Kea Bouwman (email@example.com).
You need to prove you have a sufficient level of English. We require one of the following:
- IELTS score of at least 6.0
- TOEFL score of 80 or higher (internet-based)*
- Cambridge certificate: FCE Grade C minimum score 169 / CAE / CPE
*Please note that home editions are not accepted. Only tests taken at an examination center are considered. Also, you can ask ETS TOEFL to send us your score directly by using the HAN University of Applied Sciences code: 7832.
HAN also looks at your CV and your motivation for choosing this program. In your motivation letter you need to include answers to these questions:
- Why did you choose a university of applied sciences?
- Why did you choose this master and this track?
- What sort of a person are you?
- And how will you deal with a different cultural environment?
Please read the following PDF document about differences in educational style before writing your motivation letter.
A good match?
Is the Control Systems master track a good match for you? Email us to arrange a 1-on-1 online meeting with a staff member. You can discuss your previous education and experience and see if this program is a good match for you.
Apply in 7 steps
Are you ready to apply for the Master in Engineering Systems? Here we guide you through the 7 steps of the application process.
Do you meet the admission criteria? Then you can apply.
When you apply on Studielink, select the program Master Engineering Systems. Then select the track you want to follow.
Apply before 15 August.
Read the Step-by-step guide to Studielink (in PDF).
- After you apply in Studielink, you'll receive an email from HAN confirming your application. This email will be sent to the email address you entered in Studielink.Haven't received the email? Also not in your junk folder? Contact us so we can work out what's wrong.
Emails about your application will be sent from this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Add this address as a safe sender in your mail program right away. That way info about your application won’t end up in your junk folder.
- If you still need to submit information, you will receive an email about it. This will also contain your login information for “My Application”.
- Log in to "My Application" to submit documents or details. You can also see the status of your submitted information here.
- It’s possible you only need to upload a passport photo. We use the photo for your HAN card, which you will need for all facilities on campus.
- Have you applied for more than one program? Then you will see what info you still need to submit per program.
The program manager reviews your application and documents. You might be asked for additional information. Or an interview. Then you are informed whether you’ve been accepted.
Ready to finalize your enrollment and become a HAN student? The final step, after submitting all necessary documents, is paying your tuition fee. Find out more about how to pay your tuition fee.
- Make sure you've finished steps 2, 3 and 4 before starting your program. Preferably a few weeks before. That way your enrollment is confirmed in time and you have access to all the facilities from the start of your studies.
- Go to Studielink to see if your enrollment in the program is confirmed.
Tuition fees depend on your nationality and whether you already earned a master degree in the Netherlands. Check out our page about tuition fees for more information.
Tuition fees for Engineering Systems (all tracks)
Student from EU/EEA or Suriname
€ 2,209 € 2,314
EU/EEA student with master degree from Dutch institution
€ 8,965 € 9,400
€ 8,965 € 9,400
Professional or academic: Benefits of a professional master
As a university of applied sciences, HAN offers professional master degrees. The content is tied closely to practice. And you can take what you learn and apply it at your workplace. That benefits you and your employer! What’s the difference between our master and a university master? Read on.
Contact us at HAN Technical Masters.
We're happy to help with all your questions!
Next page: Practical information
Discover more about campus facilities, regulations, student services, books and more.