You've applied for a program at HAN
Great that you’ve applied to study at HAN! But how do you turn your application into a definite enrollment? We’ve made a step-by-step guide to help you out. Start ticking off the items!
Application procedure Step by step
You want to be sure the program is a good fit for you, right? That’s why at HAN you have to participate in Matching. That could include filling in a questionnaire. Or attending an interview. Each program has its own matching procedure. You’ll automatically be invited to schedule your Matching activities.
You need a HAN account to log in to the application portal. That’s where you can see the status of your application. Later, once you’re a student, your HAN account gives you access to all kinds of online HAN services. So it's good to set up your HAN account as soon as possible.
- Go to the HAN account portal to create you HANaccount.
- Click on ‘Create HAN account’ and follow the instructions.
- Want more detailed instructions on creating a HAN account? Download the document 'Information for students/course participants with a HAN student number'. You'll find it in the 'DOCUMENTS' section on the HAN account portal.
- After creating your HAN account, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Click on the link in that email to activate your HAN account.
- Log in with your HAN account on the HAN account portal (Your HAN account is the 5-letter login code that you just made).
- Select ‘request access’ and follow the instructions.
- Link your HAN account to your student number. You can find your student number in the email you received after applying in Studielink.
Check the status of your application on the application portal. Log in to the portal using your HANaccount. Then go through the items on the checklist. You’re definitely enrolled when everything in your checklist is showing as ‘green’. Make sure everything is sorted by 1 September. Only then can you start your program. Applied for more than 1 program? There’s a separate checklist for each program.
Ready to finalize your enrollment and definitely become a HAN student? The final step, after submitting all necessary documents, is paying your tuition fee. Then you can really call yourself a HAN student! Find out more about how to pay your tuition fee.
Don’t forget to cancel your application for other programs. Only do this when you’ve made your final decision, but no later than 31 August.
CHECKLIST ON GREEN, WHAT NOW?
Are all the ticks in the application portal green? That's great! Don’t worry if you haven’t heard anything yet. No later than 1 week before you start, your degree program will send you a mail with all the info about starting. In the meantime you can get prepared: book your flight or other form of travel, arrange a room and order your books. Read more about study materials, housing and arrival in the Netherlands.
Questions about starting your studies?
Still have questions or issues about starting your studies at HAN? Check out the FAQs on this topic.
HAN International Intro
Get a good start to your studies by joining the HAN International Intro. Learn lots of useful info about living in the Netherlands. Get on board with your degree program. And make new friends!
Got a question? Just ask HAN!