You've applied for a program at HAN
New application system Temporarily no confirmation of application
From 23 November to 12 December 2022, you won't be able to view or manage your enrollment at HAN. That’s because we’re switching to a new system for processing applications and enrollment at HAN. You can still apply for a degree program at HAN through Studielink. The confirmation of your application will only arrive after 12 December. On 24 November there will be no connection between Studielink and HAN for a short while (probably a few hours). At that time you won't be able to apply in Studielink. Find out more in the news article.
How to finalize your enrollment
Great that you’ve applied to study at HAN! But how do you turn your application into a definite enrollment? We’ve made a step-by-step guide to help you out. Start ticking off the items!
Application procedure Step by step
- After you apply in Studielink, you'll receive an email from HAN confirming your application. This email will be sent to the email address you entered in Studielink.
Switch to new system
Did you apply between 23 November and 12 December 2022? If so, you'll receive this confirmation after December 12 due to the switch to a new system.
Didn't receive the email? Not even in your junk folder? Please contact us so we can see what's going on.
Information directly in your inbox
Emails about your application will be sent from this email address: email@example.com. Add this address as a safe sender in your mail program right away. That way info about your application won’t end up in your junk folder.
- If you still need to submit information, you will receive an email about it. This will also contain your login information for “My Application”.
- Log in to "My Application" to submit documents or details. You can also see the status of your submitted information here.
- It’s possible you only need to upload a passport photo. We use the photo for your HAN card, which you will need for all facilities on campus.
- Have you applied for more than one program? Then you will see what info you still need to submit per program.
You want to be sure the program is a good fit for you, right? That’s why at HAN you have to participate in Matching. That could include filling in a questionnaire. Or attending an interview. Each program has its own matching procedure. You’ll automatically be invited to schedule your Matching activities.
The program manager reviews your application and documents. You might be asked for additional information. Or an interview. Then you are informed whether you’ve been accepted.
- Make sure you've finished steps 2, 3 and 4 before starting your program. Preferably a few weeks before. That way your enrollment is confirmed in time and you have access to all the facilities from the start of your studies.
- Go to Studielink to see if your enrollment in the program is confirmed.
Your HAN account not only gives you access to Wi-Fi, intranet, educational applications and your study results. You will also receive the starting information for your program on your HAN email address that you get after creating your account.
Here's how to create your account
- Go to the HAN account portal to create you HAN account.
- Click on ‘Create HAN account’ and follow the instructions.
- Want more detailed instructions on creating a HAN account? Download the document 'Information for students/course participants with a HAN student number'. You'll find it in the 'DOCUMENTS' section on the HAN account portal.
- After creating your HAN account, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Click on the link in that email to activate your HAN account.
- Log in with your HAN account on the HAN account portal (Your HAN account is the 5-letter login code that you just made).
- Select ‘request access’ and follow the instructions.
- Link your HAN account to your student number. You can find your student number in the email you received after applying in Studielink.
Don’t forget to cancel your application for other programs. Only do this when you’ve made your final decision, but no later than 31 August.
CHECKLIST ON GREEN, WHAT NOW?
Are all the ticks in the application portal green? That's great! Don’t worry if you haven’t heard anything yet. No later than 1 week before you start, your degree program will send you a mail with all the info about starting. In the meantime you can get prepared: book your flight or other form of travel, arrange a room and order your books. Read more about study materials, housing and arrival in the Netherlands.
Questions about starting your studies?
Still have questions or issues about starting your studies at HAN? Check out the FAQs on this topic.
HAN International Intro
Get a good start to your studies by joining the HAN International Intro. Learn lots of useful info about living in the Netherlands. Get on board with your degree program. And make new friends!
Got a question? Just ask HAN!