- Apply nowThe program starts once a year
- 1Sep1 SeptemberSeptember
- More information...Brochure, helpdesk
Admission and finances
Check out the admission requirements and application procedure for the part-time Master in Molecular Life Sciences. Here you can also look into the tuition fees and other costs.
Below are the admissions criteria for the part-time Master in Molecular Life Sciences at HAN.
To enroll in the part-time program, you need to be:
- an EU/EER, Swiss or Surinamese citizen;
- an expat with a valid Dutch residence permit; or
- a refugee with a valid Dutch residence permit.
None of these apply to you? Unfortunately, you can’t enroll in the part-time program. You can enroll in the full-time program though. See the criteria for the full-time program.
You need to have one of the following:
- Bachelor of Applied Sciences in Life Sciences or Higher Laboratory Education
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Life Sciences or comparable discipline
- Another diploma (e.g. technicians diploma from Germany) but you have developed to bachelor level, e.g. through work experience. Your qualifications at bachelor level will be tested during an assessment procedure. Click on the link below for the assessment procedure.
Certificate and transcript
Apart from your bachelor certificate, we need an official transcript of all the courses you followed. Still doing your bachelor? Then send an official list of the courses and grades so far.
Your degree certificate and your transcript or list of courses needs to be in Dutch, English or German. Need a translation? Make sure you get a sworn translation.
You need to prove you have a sufficient level of English. We require one of the following:
- IELTS score of at least 6.5
- TOEFL score of 90 or higher (internet-based)*
- Cambridge FCE Grade B minimum score 176 / CAE / CPE
*Please note that home editions are not accepted. Only tests taken at an examination center are considered. Also, you can ask ETS TOEFL to send us your score directly by using the HAN University of Applied Sciences code: 7832.
You have a workplace where you can carry out the practical assignments.
You have at least 5 months of practical research experience.
A good match?
Want to discover if this part-time master program is a good match for you? Arrange a personal consultation with a staff member. You can discuss your previous education and experience and discover if the program is a good match.
Apply in 7 steps
Are you ready to apply for the Master in Molecular Life Sciences? Here we guide you through the 7 steps of the application process.
Do you meet the admission criteria? Then you can apply.
- After you apply in Studielink, you'll receive an email from HAN confirming your application. This email will be sent to the email address you entered in Studielink.Haven't received the email? Also not in your junk folder? Contact us so we can work out what's wrong.
Emails about your application will be sent from this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Add this address as a safe sender in your mail program right away. That way info about your application won’t end up in your junk folder.
- If you still need to submit information, you will receive an email about it. This will also contain your login information for “My Application”.
- Log in to "My Application" to submit documents or details. You can also see the status of your submitted information here.
- It’s possible you only need to upload a passport photo. We use the photo for your HAN card, which you will need for all facilities on campus.
- Have you applied for more than one program? Then you will see what info you still need to submit per program.
The program manager reviews your application and documents. You might be asked for additional information. Or an interview. Then you are informed whether you’ve been accepted.
Ready to finalize your enrollment and become a HAN student? The final step, after submitting all necessary documents, is paying your tuition fee. Find out more about how to pay your tuition fee.
- Make sure you've finished steps 2, 3 and 4 before starting your program. Preferably a few weeks before. That way your enrollment is confirmed in time and you have access to all the facilities from the start of your studies.
- Go to Studielink to see if your enrollment in the program is confirmed.
Your tuition fees depend on your nationality. And whether you already earned a master degree in the Netherlands. Check out our page about tuition fees for more information.
Tuition fees for Molecular Life Sciences
Student from EU/EEA or Suriname
€ 2,209 € 2,314
EU/EEA student with master degree from Dutch institution
€ 8,965 € 9,400
€ 8,965 € 9,400
Professional or academic: Benefits of a professional master
As a university of applied sciences, HAN offers professional master degrees. The content is tied closely to practice. And you can take what you learn and apply it at your workplace. That benefits you and your employer! What’s the difference with a university master? Read on.
Got a question? Just ask HAN!
Next page: Practical information
Find out about campus facilities, regulations, student services, books and more.