Apply now
Start date not set yet
More information ...
Brochure, helpdesk
    We are happy to help with all your questions

Practical info

You’d like to join us for the Teaching in the Netherlands Winter School. What are the costs? Do you need a visa? And where will you stay? Get answers to all your practical questions here!

goals en internationale boeken


This winter school costs:

Undergraduate students nominated by partner university € 1,320

All other undergraduate students € 2,360

What’s included in the fee?

  • Self-catering accommodation in shared bungalows in Groesbeek
  • Local transport to and from Nijmegen campus on weekdays
  • Field trip with overnight stay in The Hague/Amsterdam
  • Day trips to museums including entrance fees
  • Transfers to/from Schiphol Airport to the accommodation

What’s not included?

  •  Airfare to the Netherlands
  •  Insurance (liability, travel insurance, health)
  •  All meals, drinks, free time, going out, souvenirs etc.
  •  Optional pre- or post-program travelling through Europe
  •  Miscellaneous costs outside the program
goals en internationale boeken


As the winter school is only for 3 weeks, many students don’t need a visa. Are you a citizen of the EU/EEA? Good news: you don’t need a visa! Are you a citizen of another country? You might need a short-stay Schengen visa. This depends on your nationality. Find out on the site of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Turns out you need a Schengen visa? Apply for it in person at the Dutch embassy or consulate in your home country.

kijken in gidsen


Interested in joining the Teaching in the Netherlands winter course Nijmegen? Wondering where you'll stay? HAN arranges accommodation for you in the surroundings of Nijmegen. This is included in the course fee

kijken in gidsen

Other practical matters

Once you arrive in the Netherlands there are other practical matters you need to consider. Like what is the cost of living? Do I need insurance? How does public transport work in the Netherlands? Am I allowed to get a part-time job? Find the answers below.

  • Insurance

    When coming to the Netherlands to study, you need to have good insurance. Health insurance is the most important. Are you from the EU/EEA? Your health insurance policy in your home country might cover you. Non-EU/EEA students receive health insurance through the financial guarantee. Other useful insurances are liability insurance, repatriation insurance and household contents insurance.

  • Public transport

    The Netherlands has excellent public transport. In the Nijmegen and Arnhem area you can get almost everywhere by train or bus. In the bigger cities, you can also use the tram or metro. To pay for these services you use an OV chip card (OV-chipkaart in Dutch).


  • Er is geen omschrijving beschikbaar
  • HAN Nijmegen campus

    Kapittelweg 35
    6525 EN Nijmegen
  • Er is geen omschrijving beschikbaar

Ready to start?

Apply now

Er is geen omschrijving beschikbaar