Apply now
The program starts several times a year
More information ...
Brochure, helpdesk
    We are happy to help with all your questions

Practical info

You’d like to take the European Culture, Business & Entrepreneurship course at HAN? What about costs, visas, housing and insurance? Get answers to all your practical questions here.

Global goals en internationale boeken


Course Fee

  • € 1,500 for exchange students from partner universities
  • € 2,500 for study abroad students (includes tuition)

The fee includes:

  • Accommodation and breakfast
  • Transportation between accommodation and campus on week days
  • Health & liability insurance
  • Excursions and company visits
  • Farewell meal

Other expenses depend on your spending patterns. To give you an idea of these costs:

  • Train ticket to/from the airport: €20,60 (one way)
  • Movie ticket: € 10                                     
  • Meal in a simple café: € 15
  • Coffe/tea or soft drink on a terrace: € 2,50 - € 3.00
Detailfoto twee studenten met laptop


Many students don’t need a visa for this summer school. Are you a citizen of the EU/EEA? Good news: you don’t need a visa! Are you a citizen of another country? You might need a short stay Schengen visa. This depends on your nationality. Find out on the site of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Turns out you need a Schengen visa? Apply for it in person at the Dutch embassy or consulate in your home country.

Studenten kijken in gidsen


Interested in joining the European Culture, Business & Entrepreneurship short course? Wondering where you’ll stay? HAN arranges shared accommodation and breakfast for you in Arnhem. This is included in the course fee.

Arrival info

Arriving from Amsterdam Schiphol airport? Or from a different airport or train station in The Netherlands or a neighbouring country? Take a train to Arnhem Central Station.

Aankomst studenten met koffer bij ingang K33 Nijmegen

Other practical matters

Once you arrive in the Netherlands there are other practical matters you need to consider. Like do I need insurance? How does public transport work in the Netherlands? Find the answers below.

  • Insurance

    When coming to the Netherlands to study, you need to have good insurance. Health insurance is the most important. We will apply for a health & liability insurance for you, which is included in your course fee. You may consider taking out an extra travel insurance.

  • Public transport

    The Netherlands has excellent public transport. In the Nijmegen and Arnhem area you can get almost everywhere by train or bus. In the bigger cities, you can also use the tram or metro. To pay for these services you use an OV chip card (OV-chipkaart in Dutch), which will be provided.


Virtual campus tour


  • Er is geen omschrijving beschikbaar
  • HAN Arnhem campus

    Ruitenberglaan 31
    6826 CC Arnhem
  • Er is geen omschrijving beschikbaar

Contact us

Got a question? First check our FAQ. Can't find the answer to your question there? Contact us at ASK HAN. We're happy to help!

Opening hours

Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 17:00

Ready to start?

Studenten overleggen achter laptop