Molecular & Cell Biology
Are you already working in life sciences but want to know more about molecular and/or cell biology? Then this is a course for you!
The program in a nutshell
This post-graduate course in Molecular Life Sciences covers 5 main subjects.
- Molecular biology
- Genes and chromosomes
- Genetic variation
- Regulation of gene expression
- Molecular techniques
- Recombinant DNA technology
- DNA sequencing
- Cloning and vectors
- RNA interference – CRISPR-Cas
- Cell biology
- Membranes, transport
- Proteins, transport & domains
- Cell cycle & cell signaling
- Protein & pathway databases
- Multiple sequence alignment
- Gene ontology
- Basic principles of metabolic pathways
- Proteins:properties and function
- The course is an online, self-study, post-graduate course.
- Learn at your own pace, exploring resources such as books, videos and PowerPoint presentations.
- Get supervision through coaching sessions. For each main subject you’re assigned a mentor who answers all your questions during the course.
8 hours per week self study
Once you're finished...
... you’ll have knowledge and understanding of the basic principles in molecular and cell biology. You’ll also be able to apply these principles to answer basic research questions.
What are the admission requirements? And how do I apply?