Useful addresses

Need to find a GP, dentist or pharmacy? Want to register at your local municipality? Or need help from a student psychologist? Get all the useful addresses here.

Student met infuus

Health Care 

Emergency Care

In case you are in immediate need of an ambulance, the police or the fire brigade, call 112. This is the  national toll free emergency phone number.

Family Doctor / GP (In Dutch: huisarts)

If you are in need of medical help, you schedule an appointment with a General Practitioner (GP = family doctor). Do not go to the Emergency Room at a hospital, unless there is an emergency. If the GP thinks that further medical examination is necessary, he or she will refer you to a specialist, often located at the hospital. This is customary in the Netherlands.

Medical help outside office hours

If you are in need of medical help outside regular office hours or on weekends and holidays, you need to contact the so called ‘Coöperatieve huisartsendienst’. They have a rotating schedule during which somebody always has to be on-call. Therefore it is essential that you contact them by phone first to request an appointment!

Hospitals (in Dutch: ziekenhuis)

Dental Care (in Dutch: tandarts)

If you need to visit a dentist, you can select one on To select a dentist you enter either ‘Nijmegen’ or ‘Arnhem’ under ‘woonplaats’. Dentists preceded by a green check mark will accept new patients. For emergency and weekend treatment you can contact the dentist on duty. The treatment has to be paid in cash.


  • For Arnhem call  0900 1515 
  • For Nijmegen call 024 3244200
tandarts op zoek naar een röntgenfoto met zijn jonge patiënt 

Pharmacies (in Dutch: apotheek)

In your area 

Municipalities (in Dutch: gemeente)

All students are required to register in their place of residence. This registration takes place at the city hall. If you are moving to another city within the Netherlands, you must deregister and re-register in the new city you are moving to. This city hall registration is used by the IND for verification purposes. Also, if you would like to apply for a BSN you need to visit the counter of the Civil Affairs Department in person. In most cases you are required to first schedule an appointment online.

Police and the Netherlands Fire Service

IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Service)

From refugees to specialised knowledge migrants: the IND assesses all applications from foreign nationals who want to live in the Netherlands or want to become Dutch citizens. And we do that carefully, because our work matters.

Their website can be found here


On campus or via GP 

Psychological support

Please find here some useful addresses to contact our services within HAN.

If you are experiencing personal problems of a psychological nature, you can visit a psychologist or  therapist. On-campus psychologists can be contacted by phone and email via phone (06 55 24 06 62, work days until 12:30) and

Their offices are located in both Arnhem and Nijmegen:

Arnhem Campus
Ruitenberglaan 31, room C2.34

Nijmegen Campus
Bisschop Hamerhuis
Verlengde Groenestraat 75, room 3.07

Your GP can also help in finding a psychologist or therapist. As your health insurance does not cover the costs of a consult with all psychologists or therapists, we advise you to ask your doctor to refer you to a therapist whose consults will be covered. The same is valid if you need to see a physiotherapist or any other therapist.

HAN Housing

HAN Housing Office offers student housing at locations in Arnhem and Nijmegen. We arrange short-stay accommodation for 1 semester for exchange students. And for 1 or 2 semester(s) for non-EU/EEA bachelor and master students.

Student achter laptop met book your room app

HAN International Office

The HAN International Office provides support for incoming international and outgoing exchange students. International students that have been accepted to HAN can count on International Office staff to help them with practical matters.