Want a break from studying? Like to improve your fitness? Or just meet new people? HAN helps you find the right sport facility in Arnhem and Nijmegen. There are plenty of possibilities for international students, whatever your interest or sporting ability. Try a new sport or improve your skills!
Sport in Arnhem
As an international student at HAN, you can apply for a student sports card. For €20.95 per month you get unlimited access to participating locations. Spinning class on Monday, squash on Tuesday, dancing on Wednesday, swimming on Thursday and kickboxing on Friday? It’s possible: freedom to choose anything on offer! There are over 40 different locations with a wide range of group classes. There’s always one nearby. The sports providers are located in and around Arnhem. Check the website regularly for the full range. New locations are continually added throughout the year.
- Choose from over 15 different kinds of sports at over 40 different locations. From fitness to boot camp, yoga, squash, swimming, and many more.
- Go as many times as you want. You have unlimited access to the facilities.
- Switch sports as many times as you want.
- As a HAN student you get a discount. The student sports card is only €20.95 per month
- Good intentions, but no deeds? You can stop your subscription after 3 months.
Over 20,000 students went before you! What are you waiting for?
All the sport facilities are listed on the following webpage (in Dutch):
Applying is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Apply through this link: apply for students
- After applying, the card will be sent to you
- Pick your sport and make an appointment. You’ll get a short introduction and tour of the facility. This appointment is compulsory (except for swimming and squash).
- Take your card with you every time you go.
Sport in Nijmegen
In Nijmegen there are different possibilities when it comes to sports. As a HAN student you can get a discount for the sport center of the Radboud University or the HAN fitness center (SENECA).
HAN SENECA is the center for sport, work and health in Nijmegen. Also for international students! You can work out on your own or with guidance from a gym instructor or a student. HAN students get a discount: pay just €209 a year to use this facility! Apart from working out, you can go to SENECA for:
- diet advice
Apply for SENECA membership? Send a mail to: email@example.com
Radboud Sports Centre
The Radboud Sports Centre is part of the Radboud University in Nijmegen and has the widest range of sports facilities. As a HAN student you also get a student discount: use all the facilities for only €118 a year (or €17.70 per month)! That means that you can do 80 different kinds of sports, 300 different kinds of group lessons and 200 courses as many times as you want! Including swimming, tennis, and squash.
Registration at the Radboud Sports centre gives you access to over 38 different sports associations.
Having a sports card automatically makes you a member of the NSSR. This association represents all the students with a sports card from both HAN and Radboud. Besides that, they organize a range of events, such as their annual:
- Acquaintance Tournament
- Racket Tournament
- Athlete of the year election
- Team Tournament insite
- Sports night
- Back to School Tournament
- American Sports Tournament