Transfer students

Are you an international transfer student? You probably have your residence permit for study from another Dutch Institution of Higher Education. Do you want to transfer from that Institution to HAN University of Applied Sciences? You’re welcome at HAN! Here’s how you go about transferring.

Jongen en meisje studeren samen op laptop in grote hal

Application procedure

As a transfer student you must provide proof of sufficient financial means and health insurance. This lets us know that you can afford the cost of study and your stay in the Netherlands. Here is what the application process looks like: 

Have you received your letter of acceptance from the HAN Office of Admissions? You can submit your visa application documents to the HAN International Office – Immigration. We have to receive these before August 1st for Fall enrollment or before December 15th for Spring enrollment. 

Please submit the following documents via email to

  1. A completed and signed Transfer Student Application
  2. A copy of your current residence permit card, front and back
  3. A copy of your valid passport, including all stamped and/or written pages
  4. Proof of Health Insurance Coverage
  5. A completed and signed Antecedents Certificate
  6. Proof of Financial Means - scroll down for more information
  7. Proof of Enrollment at HAN University of Applied Sciences

What happens after I submit the required forms? 
After you send us all your completed forms/documentation, we send you an email confirming we’ve received them. After we verify the forms/documentation, we inform you whether we were able to request your transfer by the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service. 

Proof of financial means

For a year of study you need to show that you have a minimum amount of money freely available to you. You will find the current income requirements on the website of the Immigration and Naturalisation Service. Select the relevant option(s) below. You can combine options to come to the necessary amount if needed. For example, self-supporting and scholarship. Important: all documents must be written in English or translated into English by a certified translator. And all bank statements must be no older than 3 months. 

Detailfoto studenten met laptop en aantekeningen

Options to prove financial means