Residence permit and Visa

Are you an international student looking to study in the Netherlands? Then you might need a visa or residence permit. The type of visa or permit you need depends on your nationality and your length of stay in the Netherlands. Read on to find out more.

New bachelor/master students
Looking to do a bachelor or master degree in the Netherlands? Are you from outside the EU/EEA? Then you need a…
Exchange students
Are you an international student? Are you coming on exchange to the Netherlands? Then you might need a visa. T…
Transfer students
Are you an international transfer student? You probably have your residence permit for study from another Dutc…
Current students
Are you studying at HAN on a student visa? Maintaining your academic status is important! As a higher educatio…
Visa Forms and useful links
Like to have more information about visas and the various application forms? Here you can download all visa fo…
16 November 2024

Online Open Day

Our Online Open Day was on 23 March 2024. Did you miss it? No worries! We’ve recorded sessions of our talk shows about visa, housing, admission, scholarships, student life and more. So you can watch our videos wherever and whenever you like.

The next Online Open Day is on 16 November 2024. Want to be notified when registrations for the next Online Open Day open? Pre-register for November so you’ll get a mail from us when you can secure your spot for the Online Open Day. Don't miss this chance to connect with HAN students, lecturers and ask all of your questions.

International students Diego and Andrei studying at the library on the Arnhem campus of HAN University of Applied Sciences.