- Apply nowThe program starts once a year
- 1Feb1 FebruaryFebruary
- More information...Brochure, helpdesk
Is the Powertrain exchange program right for you? What are the admission requirements? And how do you apply? Get all the answers on this page.
Who is this exchange program for?
The Powertrain exchange program is for bachelor students from:
- HAN University of Applied Sciences
- Other Dutch universities of applied sciences
- Partner universities of HAN
Not from one of these universities? Unfortunately you cannot apply for this exchange program.
Find out if this exchange program is a good match for you and if you meet the requirements.
To follow this exchange program, you need to be fluent in English. What level do you need? At least B2 (CEFR: Common European Framework of Reference). This equivalent to IELTS 6.0 and TOEFL iBT 80.
How do you show you have this level? Your own institution is responsible for checking your level. Your international relations office can tell you more about this.
- You are studying Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or something similar.
- You have finished or are almost finished your major
- You have basic knowledge of:
- Mechanics (statics/dynamics/strength of materials)
- Powertrain (mechanics/electrotechnics/hydraulics)
- System learning/measurement and control
- Machine parts
- You can apply the above knowledge to design a simple powertrain for a bicycle.
Any doubts? Then we’ll arrange an intake interview.
Apply as an exchange student
Are you a student from one of HAN's partner universities? Read more about the nomination and application procedure for exchange students.
Before applying for the Powertrain exchange programm, your home institution needs to nominate you. How does that work? Your international relations office will give you all the details. Make sure you're nominated before the deadline!
Have you already been nominated by your home institution? You'll receive an email with a link to the online application form. Fill in and send the form before the deadline!
Students from HAN and other Dutch institutions: How to apply
Are you a HAN student? You can apply for this exchange as your "minor". Use the link below to go to HAN Insite. There you'll find info about registration periods, instructions and a link to OSIRIS. Are you a student of another university of applied sciences in the Netherlands? You can apply for this exchange as your "minor" on Kies Op Maat.
Got a question? Just ask HAN!
next page: Practical info
What do you need to know before you start the course? Get all the practical info on visas, arrival and housing.