What to bring?
- a valid passport or identity card
- hard copy of rental or purchase agreement (housing contract) or written lodgings agreement with a copy of the proof of identity of the owner/main occupant of the house
- if you are a non-EU citizen: your Dutch residence permit, your passport with Visa stamp (MVV) or if not yet in your possession, a hard copy of the letter of confirmation from IND (available at HAN International Office)
- if relevant: foreign marriage certificate, divorce certificate or divorce decree
- if relevant: birth certificate (of any minor children accompanying you) or in case you yourself plan to get married in the Netherlands
- if you are moving to the Netherlands from the Netherlands Antilles or Aruba: proof of deregistration with the PIVA
You must submit your original documents and certificates. If the documents are not in English, German or French, the documents must be translated by a certified translator. A lot of documents from abroad must be legalized or have been provided with a so-called ‘apostille’.
Citizen Service Number (In Dutch: Burger Service Nummer, BSN)
Your BSN will be issued after your city hall appointment. You will need your BSN to open a bank account, receive a salary, arrange health insurance and in your interactions with government bodies.