- Apply nowThe program starts once a year
- 1Sep1 SeptemberSeptember
- More information ...Adviesgesprek, brochure, helpdesk
- Meet usActivities, Student for a day etc.
Admission and Finances
Read here about the HAN admission requirements and application procedure for the part-time master track in Embedded Systems. You can also review the tuition fees.
Changes to the Embedded Systems track
From September 2023, the Embedded Systems track will merge with the Control Systems track under the name Cyber-Physical Systems. Did you apply for Embedded Systems in 2023-2024? Read more info on the Cyber-Physical Systems page.
Are you currently in the Embedded Systems track? You can still get all the information related to your studies on this page.
Below are the admissions criteria for the part-time master track in Embedded Systems.
To enroll in the part-time program, you need to be:
- an EU/EER, Swiss or Surinamese citizen; or
- an expat with a valid Dutch residence permit; or
- a refugee with a valid Dutch residence permit.
None of these apply to you? Unfortunately, you can’t enroll in the part-time program. However, you can enroll in the full-time program.
You need a bachelor degree in engineering or a related technical discipline. Your grades must average at least 70%. Or, your grade point average must be 2.8 or higher (in a 4.0 system). You need good grades in mathematics and physics. And in subjects related to your track.
Have you already covered some units in the curriculum? You may be exempt from parts of the program. Indicate this on your application.
Do you have doubts about your mathematics skills for this track? Then you can work on some extra mathematics modules at home before the start of the track. Please contact Kea Bouwman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To prove your proficiency in English, you have to do a language test. We accept:
- TOEFL iBT* score of 80 or higher
- IELTS (academic) score of 6.0 or higher, with no sub-scores below 6.0
- Cambridge FCE Grade C minimum score 169 / CAE / CPE
*Please note that home editions are not accepted. Only tests taken at an examination center are considered. Also, you can ask ETS TOEFL to send us your score directly by using the HAN University of Applied Sciences code: 7832.
Exemption to the language test requirement
You don't have to do a language test if:
- You have completed one of these baccalaureate programs: International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP), International Baccalaureate Careers-Related Program (IBCP) or European Baccalaureate (English Language 1 or 2).
- You completed your secondary or tertiary education in English in one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (not including Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, U.S.A. or the U.K.
- You have one of the diplomas on this Nuffic list and English was part of the curriculum.
HAN also looks at your CV and your motivation for choosing this program. In your motivation letter you need to include answers to these questions:
- Why did you choose a university of applied sciences?
- Why did you choose this master and this track?
- What sort of a person are you?
- And how will you deal with a different cultural environment?
Please read the following PDF document about differences in educational style before writing your motivation letter.
A good match?
Is the Embedded Systems master track a good match for you? Email us to arrange a 1-on-1 online meeting with a staff member. This gives you the opportunity to discuss your previous education and experience and see if you’re a match for the program.
Apply in 7 steps
Are you ready to apply for the Master in Engineering Systems? Here we guide you through the 7 steps of the application process.
Do you meet the admission criteria? Then you can apply.
- After you apply in Studielink, you'll receive an email from HAN confirming your application. This email will be sent to the email address you entered in Studielink.Haven't received the email? Also not in your junk folder? Contact us so we can work out what's wrong.
Emails about your application will be sent from this email address: email@example.com. Add this address as a safe sender in your mail program right away. That way info about your application won’t end up in your junk folder.
- If you still need to submit information, you will receive an email about it. This will also contain your login information for “My Application”.
- Log in to "My Application" to submit documents or details. You can also see the status of your submitted information here.
- It’s possible you only need to upload a passport photo. We use the photo for your HAN card, which you will need for all facilities on campus.
- Have you applied for more than one program? Then you will see what info you still need to submit per program.
The program manager reviews your application and documents. You might be asked for additional information. Or an interview. Then you are informed whether you’ve been accepted.
- Make sure you've finished steps 2, 3 and 4 before starting your program. Preferably a few weeks before. That way your enrollment is confirmed in time and you have access to all the facilities from the start of your studies.
- Go to Studielink to see if your enrollment in the program is confirmed.
Tuition fees depend on your nationality and whether you already earned a master degree in the Netherlands. Check out our page about tuition fees for more information.
Tuition fees for Engineering Systems (all tracks)
Student from EU/EEA or Suriname
EU/EEA student with master degree from Dutch institution
Benefits of a professional master
As a university of applied sciences, HAN offers professional master degrees. The content is tied closely to practice. And you can take what you learn and apply it at your workplace. That benefits you and your employer! What’s the difference between our master and a university master? Read on.
Contact us at HAN Technical Masters.
We're happy to help with all your questions!
Find out about campus facilities, regulations, student services, books and more.